geronimo-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Shawn Jiang <genspr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Could not resolve reference for persistence/jpaEntity#org.apache.geronimo.persistence.PersistenceUnitGBean
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2009 14:23:08 GMT
I'm not sure because I never used Oracle with Geronimo before.

Can you please create a standalone NonJta instead of reusing the JTA as the
Non-JTA ?

Note: There is no way to create a single module that contains both JTA and
Non-JTA DS with console wizard.  See: [1], You need to use the database pool
wizard again to create another module for Non-JTA. and add this module as a
dependency just like the JTA module.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-4331

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 6:16 AM, pookie1973 <christopher.adkin@nhs.net>wrote:

>
> Shawn,
>
> I've added a none JTA data source to the persistence.xml, and changed the
> transaction type to resource local, I now get:-
>
> Unable to resolve reference "NonJtaDataSourceWrapper"
>     in gbean
>
> default/jpaTest/1.0/car?EJBModule=jpaFacade.jar,J2EEApplication=default/jpaTest/1.0/car,PersistenceUnitModule=jpaEntity.jar,j2eeType=PersistenceUnit,name=jpaEntity
>    to a gbean matching the pattern
> [?name=OracleDS#org.apache.geronimo.naming.ResourceSource]
>    due to: No matches for referencePatterns:
> [?name=OracleDS#org.apache.geronimo.naming.ResourceSource]
> Unable to resolve reference "JtaDataSourceWrapper"
>    in gbean
>
> default/jpaTest/1.0/car?EJBModule=jpaFacade.jar,J2EEApplication=default/jpaTest/1.0/car,PersistenceUnitModule=jpaEntity.jar,j2eeType=PersistenceUnit,name=jpaEntity
>    to a gbean matching the pattern
> [?name=OracleDS#org.apache.geronimo.naming.ResourceSource]
>    due to: No matches for referencePatterns:
> [?name=OracleDS#org.apache.geronimo.naming.ResourceSource]
> org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Unable to resolve reference
> "NonJtaDataSourceWrapper"
>     in gbean
>
> default/jpaTest/1.0/car?EJBModule=jpaFacade.jar,J2EEApplication=default/jpaTest/1.0/car,PersistenceUnitModule=jpaEntity.jar,j2eeType=PersistenceUnit,name=jpaEntity
>    to a gbean matching the pattern
> [?name=OracleDS#org.apache.geronimo.naming.ResourceSource]
>    due to: No matches for referencePatterns:
> [?name=OracleDS#org.apache.geronimo.naming.ResourceSource]
> Unable to resolve reference "JtaDataSourceWrapper"
>    in gbean
>
> default/jpaTest/1.0/car?EJBModule=jpaFacade.jar,J2EEApplication=default/jpaTest/1.0/car,PersistenceUnitModule=jpaEntity.jar,j2eeType=PersistenceUnit,name=jpaEntity
>    to a gbean matching the pattern
> [?name=OracleDS#org.apache.geronimo.naming.ResourceSource]
>    due to: No matches for referencePatterns:
> [?name=OracleDS#org.apache.geronimo.naming.ResourceSource]
>         at
>
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentContext.getConfigurationData(DeploymentContext.java:672)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.install(Deployer.java:332)
>        at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:256)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:133)
>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
>        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
>        at
>
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
>        at
>
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:124)
>        at
>
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:867)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:239)
>        at
>
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.AbstractDeployCommand.doDeploy(AbstractDeployCommand.java:116)
>        at
>
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.DistributeCommand.run(DistributeCommand.java:61)
>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>
> My understanding of a JTA data source is that it supports distributed
> transactions (XA) and that a none JTA data source only supports local
> transactions. I'm using the Oracle thin driver which supports both JTA and
> none JTA transactions, therefore I have specified the same data source for
> both transaction types.
>
> Please advise.
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris
>
>
> http://www.nabble.com/Could-not-resolve-reference-for-persistence-jpaEntity-org.apache.geronimo.persistence.PersistenceUnitGBean-tp24191944s134p24238070.html
>
>
> pookie1973 wrote:
> >
> > I'm using Geronimo 2.1, I have an ear file containing an EJB project with
> > a single stateless session bean and a JPA project containing four entity
> > beans. When I export the ear file and deploy it to Geronimo via the
> > console, I get:-
> >
> > At least one deployment
> > problem:[org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Could not
> resolve
> > reference at deploy time for query
> >
> ?name=persistence/jpaEntity#org.apache.geronimo.persistence.PersistenceUnitGBean.
> > No GBean references found.]
> > org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: At least one deployment
> > problem:[org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Could not
> resolve
> > reference at deploy time for query
> >
> ?name=persistence/jpaEntity#org.apache.geronimo.persistence.PersistenceUnitGBean.
> > No GBean references found.]
> >       at
> >
> org.apache.geronimo.persistence.builder.PersistenceUnitRefBuilder.buildNaming(PersistenceUnitRefBuilder.java:154)
> >       at
> >
> org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.NamingBuilderCollection.buildNaming(NamingBuilderCollection.java:53)
> >       at
> >
> org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbDeploymentBuilder.addEnc(EjbDeploymentBuilder.java:329)
> >       at
> >
> org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbDeploymentBuilder.buildEnc(EjbDeploymentBuilder.java:294)
> >       at
> >
> org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbModuleBuilder.addGBeans(EjbModuleBuilder.java:764)
> >       at
> >
> org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.buildConfiguration(EARConfigBuilder.java:647)
> >       at
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:254)
> >       at
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:133)
> >       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> >       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> >       at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> >       at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
> >       at
> >
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
> >       at
> >
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:124)
> >       at
> >
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:867)
> >       at
> > org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:239)
> >       at
> >
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.AbstractDeployCommand.doDeploy(AbstractDeployCommand.java:116)
> >       at
> >
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.DistributeCommand.run(DistributeCommand.java:61)
> >       at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
> >
> > I searched the internet in order to see if anyone else encountered this
> > issue. I found that Shawn (Jiang) responded to someone who had exactly
> the
> > same issue as myself on IBM DeveloperWorks. Shawn asked for the EAR
> > package structure, here it is:-
> >
> > Top level:-
> >
> > META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
> >         /geronimo-application.xml
> > jpaFacadeClient.jar
> > jpaFacade.jar
> > jpaEntity.jar
> >
> > If I unzip the ear file and run a jar tvf on the jpaEntity.jar file I
> > have:-
> >
> > C:\jpaTestEAR\jpaEntity>jar tvf jpaEntity.jar
> >     58 Wed Jun 24 12:31:06 BST 2009 META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
> >      0 Tue Jun 23 22:12:06 BST 2009 com/jpaEntity/
> >    313 Tue Jun 23 22:08:26 BST 2009 META-INF/orm.xml
> >      0 Tue Jun 23 22:08:26 BST 2009 META-INF/
> >   1654 Wed Jun 24 14:00:16 BST 2009 com/jpaEntity/test/Dept.class
> >   1353 Wed Jun 24 14:00:16 BST 2009 com/jpaEntity/test/Bonus.class
> >      0 Tue Jun 23 22:12:42 BST 2009 com/jpaEntity/test/
> >      0 Tue Jun 23 22:12:06 BST 2009 com/
> >    686 Wed Jun 24 13:52:16 BST 2009 META-INF/persistence.xml
> >   1124 Wed Jun 24 14:00:16 BST 2009 com/jpaEntity/test/Salgrade.class
> >   2702 Wed Jun 24 14:00:16 BST 2009 com/jpaEntity/test/Emp.class
> >
> > Shawn also requested the EAR file, which I will attach. Previously I had
> > attempted to deploy this directly to the app server from Eclipse and I
> > wasn't getting as far as this. I posted a question to which Shawn
> > responded, I did not reply to this as my second son was born on Monday,
> > hence I was a tad proccupied with other things, so Shawn is you read this
> > I wasn't blanking you out, but many thanks for responding my last
> question
> > in such a prompt manner anyway.
> > http://www.nabble.com/file/p24191944/jpaTestEAR.ear jpaTestEAR.ear
> >
>
> --
> View this message in context:
> http://www.nabble.com/Could-not-resolve-reference-for-persistence-jpaEntity-org.apache.geronimo.persistence.PersistenceUnitGBean-tp24191944s134p24314829.html
> Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
>


-- 
Shawn

Mime
View raw message