geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Standalone deployment <cross-context> doesn't work
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2009 16:51:42 GMT

On Jul 21, 2009, at 9:35 AM, vojdan_ wrote:

> Hello,
> I am developing an application and we recently migrated from WAS 6 and
> Rational application developer 6 to Eclipse Ganymede and Geronimo
> v2.1.
>
> The application works fine when deployed if the server is started from
> Eclipse i.e. if I work on GEP (even if removed and redeployed).
> But, if I shut down the server from eclipse, then start it from
> command line
> with "geronimo run" and deploy it via the geronimo console it gives
> me a
> NullPointerRefferenceException.
> When deploying I export the EAR project to an EAR file and deploy
> from it.
>
> I think I get this exception because somehow, in the second case the
> <cross-context/> tag doesn't work because the log messages are
> familiar and
> it throws it when trying to access a function in a utility project.
>
> Can someone help?

Can you show the stack trace, the structure of your ear, and tell us
where any relevant classes are?

<cross-context> is a tomcat specific element that tells tomcat to
break spec compatibility and share session objects between web apps.
It is not likely to cause a startup or deployment failure.

thanks
david jencks