geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject Re: Geronimo plugin project example?
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2009 16:16:21 GMT

On Jul 10, 2009, at 3:07 AM, Fredrik Jonson wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm looking for a simple example geronimo plugin project.
> During the last couple of days I've tried building the samples, the
> daytrader
> and even some geronimo core plugin projects using maven. And I've
> failed every
> time! Either due to unresolved, probably (publicly) unpublished
> dependencies or
> due to a strange error message from the car-maven-plugin (Cannot
> deploy the
> requested application module because no deployer is able to handle
> it).

Building all of geronimo itself is the best way to see a lot of plugin
projects.  Most of them are "service" plugins but there are a lot of
javaee applications in there too.

The missing dependencies problems for other things such as samples
should be solved by building the appropriate version of geronimo on
your local machine; due to some bad decisions in the past we have a
private maven repository as one of the modules and building it gets
these unpublished artifacts into your local maven repo.  For 2.2 we
will not have this particular problem.

I'm not sure when people will have time to fix them, but I'd
appreciate it if you could tell us which projects fail with the
missing deployer message.

david jencks

> TIA,
> --