geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: State of EJB Clustering
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2009 16:37:51 GMT
Hi Juergen,

GCache never got finished.

The wadi clustering works but is for stateful beans and AFAIK it
provides only the state replication between cluster members and not
the client that supports failover.  I hope Gianny will tell me if I'm
wrong about this :-)

We do have the kind of clustering you want but I'm not sure if its
documented.  Basically the server cluster members maintain cluster
membership information using multicast hearbeats and the ejb client
maintains a list of servers and can change target server based on
availability.

There is an example of this at sandbox/failover and it used to work,
but AFAIK no one has tried running it for several months.

This would be a great thing to turn into a sample and make more public
and documented for 2.2.

thanks
david jencks