geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Russell Collins <Russell.Coll...@mclaneat.com>
Subject RE: Geronimo Sleeping
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2009 00:24:26 GMT
**Update**  This is most notable when I do a deployment.  First, the existing application is
undeployed and removed and then the newly compiled application (EAR) is deployed to the application
server.

Russell Collins
Sr. Software Engineer
McLane Advanced Technology

"Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda

From: Russell Collins [mailto:Russell.Collins@mclaneat.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 2:36 PM
To: 'user@geronimo.apache.org'
Subject: Geronimo Sleeping

I am having a some interesting behavior with Geronimo and I wondering if this can be remedied.
 It seems that the Geronimo server is falling asleep when it has been inactive for a while.
 I am running unit tests with Junit 4 bringing back Remote ejb objects.  During the first
call, the first ejb retrieval does not get the ejb object.  The rest of the calls are fine
even when re-running the first call that originally failed.  It seems as though Geronimo is
closing a connection and then timing out while it reopens a connect that has been closed (maybe
this is totally false).  If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate
it.

Russell Collins