geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Deployment Plan for Tomcat?
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2009 01:19:06 GMT

On Jun 30, 2009, at 4:29 PM, caof2005 wrote:

> Hello Friends,
>
> With an easy question I haven´t found any reference to this:
>
> What is the official name the deployment  plan for Tomcat?
>
> I know that the name for the Jetty container is: geronimo-jetty.xml,
> but I
> don´t know which is the one for Tomcat.
>
> Does any body knows this? Also any reference to know more about
> deployment
> plans would be very appreciated.

There are a lot of choices.  I prefer to use an external plan called
plan.xml.  If you include the plan in the web app it can be called
geronimo-web.xml for either jetty or tomcat.  For tomcat you can also
use geronimo-tomcat.xml.  For these embedded plans it needs to be in
WEB-INF.

If your web app is part of an ear the web plan can also be in a
geronimo-application.xml  for the ear or you can have an external plan
for the entire ear.

The most important things to specify are the name of the geronimo
plugin you are constructing (the "module-id"), the dependencies which
specify the classloader for your web app, and the context root.  If
you have named datasources or ejbs badly you might need to map the
names specified in your web.xml or annotations to the actual names.
You can also specify a few tomcat specific features such as virtual
hosts IIRC.

hope this helps
david jencks