geronimo-user mailing list archives

From vojdan_ <>
Subject Re: Standalone deployment <cross-context> doesn't work
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2009 11:58:18 GMT
public void init(ServletConfig arg0) throws ServletException {
      inputStream = ctx.getResourceAsStream("/");
      Utf8Properties utf8Properties = new Utf8Properties();
      ApplicationProperties applicationProperties = new
      // let the environment know about the new application properties
      Environment.setApplicationProperties(applicationProperties );

public class Environment {
private static ApplicationProperties applicationProperties;

public static void setApplicationProperties (ApplicationProperties
applicationProperties) {
		 Environment.applicationProperties = applicationProperties;
                 //here I print ot confirm it is intialized
		 System.out.println("set application properties: " +

public static String getDesignContext(){
	return applicationProperties.getCtxDesign(); //exception thrown here

The code should be ok because like I said everything works when started on
GEP, but if deployed as a standalone it doesn't work. I also tried to deploy
the application on GEP and then start the same server manually but no

I don't think you have a classloading problem, since you can get to
the code in Environment just fine.

I think the problem is that Environment.applicationContext is null.
What is supposed to initialize  it?

david jencks