geronimo-user mailing list archives

From vojdan_ <vojdan_karda...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Standalone deployment <cross-context> doesn't work
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2009 22:26:51 GMT

Here is the stacktrace:
2009-07-21 18:24:59,544 ERROR [[jsp]] Servlet.service() for servlet jsp
threw exception java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
nl.yellowstone.zbc.common.Environment.getDesignContext(Environment.java:96)
        at org.apache.jsp.templates.login_jsp._jspService(login_jsp.java:70)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:806)
[...]
        ...23 more

The structure of the EAR is:
EAR

META-INF------------------------------application.xml
war1.war                                      geronimo-application.xml
war2.war                                      MANIFEST.MF
war3.war                                      .modulemaps
.....                                              ibm-application-ext.xmi
ZBCUtility.jar                                ibm-application-bnd.xmi
commons-fileupload-1.2.jar
.compatibility

I am accessing one of the WARs which uses the getStringContext() from the
project ZBCUtility.
I'm guessing that project (ZBCUtility) gets packed as a JAR and put in the
EAR.
(I'm pretty new to java so don't laugh cause I'm unsure :))

Both of these classes are in the ZBCUtility project but in different
packages.
Environment.java:
public static String getDesignContext(){
		return applicationProperties.getCtxDesign(); //throws exception here -
line 96

//trying to call the bottom function
}

ApplicationProperties.java:
public  String getCtxDesign(){
	                return ctxDesign;
}

One more thing, I don't get any errors on deployment. When deploying
everything is fine.
But, when I try to access a page it throws the exception.

Thanks again.