geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kory Markevich <Kory_Markev...@ACL.com>
Subject Re: EJB & Web App losing Subject
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 20:50:32 GMT

djencks wrote:
> What creates the new non-working thread?  In geronimo we generally
> don't assume anything about the relationship between threads so if you
> want the new thread to get a particular security context you'll have
> to install it youself.
Just to clarify, we aren't trying to create new threads.  I just assumed
that geronimo/tomcat was doing it to service multiple connections or
something.  Looking at the bottom of the stack dump for the exception, it
looks like a tomcat worker thread:

<snip>
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:845)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

The snipped part is all the valve, filter, controller and openejb stuff,
pretty standard.

Oh, and I forgot to mention in the original post that we're using 2.1.4.