geronimo-user mailing list archives

From lvdpal <>
Subject Re: log4jResource setting in GBean: ApplicationLog4jConfigurationGBean
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2009 06:43:03 GMT

Well attaching the whole application might be a bit overwhelming. It's a
multi-module Maven project. I'm using an aspectJ library to weave in the
logging code into several of my modules. This is working, because I am
seeing the logging, only it is logging in geronimo.log and based on my I'm expecting it to log into a logfile of my own.

My Geronimo version is 2.1.4 based on Jetty.

This is my file:

# Set root logger level to DEBUG and its only appender to LOGFILE.
#log4j.rootLogger=INFO, CONSOLE, LOGFILE

# CONSOLE is set to be a ConsoleAppender
#log4j.appender.CONSOLE.layout.ConversionPattern=%-4r [%t] %-5p %c %x - %m%n

# LOGFILE is set to be a FileAppender.
log4j.appender.LOGFILE.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%t] %-5p %c - %m%n

I had tried to log everything else to console first, but then I read that I
can't use the rootLogger (because Geronimo uses that), so I commented that
logger out.