geronimo-user mailing list archives

From BenLeino ...@fffsoftware.de>
Subject Solving Dependency Issuses
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2009 17:28:59 GMT

Hi there,

I am running into real trouble since one week, and I am afraid if someone
could help me:

I have several EAR projectes including 1 EJB and one WAR projetc. The EJB
encapsulates the business logic (entities, EJBs and certain JOBs anf
functions). The WAR is reponsible for managing user interaction along this
business case.

Lets say I have "Items, Sales and Purchase" as three different projects.

Now I have the problem that a function in "Items" needs information from
"Sales" and Pruchase". And one function in Sales needs information from
"Items" and "Purchase". Now i have a dependency cycle.

What is the best design pattern for this without loosing the business
choherence within the EAR packages (this one only for items, this for sales
egtc.).

As a solution I made a big "DataModel.jar",which contains all EJB remote
interfaces and alle entity POJO classes. So all dependency references go
over that jar, and binding takes place with @EJB and the JNDI name.

But geronimo can't cope with that. It trries to validate @EJB Annotation
within the web container at runtime and fails if the EJB istn't there (GBEAN
Serialization Error). And some EJBs are not "injectable". Always when
OpenEJB tries to start them i get a Proxy NoClassDeffError.

Some help is really apriciated.

Thanks in advance,
Tim