geronimo-user mailing list archives

From appel <arn...@siminn.is>
Subject Performance tuning...
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2009 10:31:04 GMT

Hi

I am in need of performance tuning my Geronimo (Jetty) server to accommodate
for a specific type of load burst.

The behavior I need to tune Geronimo to handle goes something like this:

- Every minute, 3000 unique clients will load up a set of 4 pages.
- This happens every minute for 10 minutes, so all in all there are 30.000
unique clients that will try to connect and request those 4 pages over a
period of 10 minutes.

The pages are very plain, two html pages, two jsp pages that do minimum
stuff.

The bottleneck here is the number of clients.

How can I performance tune Geronimo (Jetty container) to handle this type of
high client load?

(I've already increased the max-threads to 500, but when I do performance
load-test in JMeter I get lots of errors.)

Thanks.