geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "johnxmas" <johnx...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Re: About JCA 1.5 Admin objects and JNDI
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2009 07:17:20 GMT
>On Jul 10, 2009, at 3:01 AM, johnxmas wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> With JCA 1.5 was introduced the concept of Admin Objects. So now,
>> you cand deploy in your resource adapter much more thant a
>> ConnectionFactory;
>> I used the feature to include in my deployment the InteractionSpec
>> and ConnectionSpec.
>>
>> But at lookup time, it sems these objects are passed by
>> refernce.Which is a serious problem: say client A sets its userName
>> and password in
>> the ConnectionSpec. These values get stored in the JNDI instance and
>> can be read by client B !
>
>How would returning copies of the admin object help with this?

Using a "copy" would insure that every one making a lookup of an Object gets
the stored Object instance, set whith the values indicated in the deployment descriptor.

Without a copy, modifications of these values are set in the JNDI instance and every user
get them (and that can be a real pb in case of credentials for instance)