A module's gbeans are managed in a "Configuration".
One Configuration corresponds to one MultiParentClassLoader instance.
All dependencies in deployment plan are added to the classloader as search-paths.
If the dependency is a .car , then the .car's corresponding Configuration's classloader will become a parent classloader of the current classloader.
If the dependency is a jar, then the jar's path will become one URL added to the current classloader.

I'm still learning Geronimo. If I make a mistake, pls don't mind.
--
Best Regards,
Rodger.