There is a very Geronimo-specific way with which you can hack with the application classloader.

import org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.MultiParentClassLoader;

  url = a certain folder or a jar file
  MultiParentClassLoader cl = (MultiParentClassLoader) Thread.currentThread.getContextClassloader();
  cl.addURL(url);

Good luck.

-Jack