geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Jiang <genspr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Could not resolve reference for persistence/jpaEntity#org.apache.geronimo.persistence.PersistenceUnitGBean
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2009 13:43:35 GMT
On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 8:51 PM, pookie1973 <christopher.adkin@nhs.net>wrote:

> Shawn,
>
> I've added the database pool as a dependancy to the
> geronimo-application.xml
> file and redeployed the app, this has made no difference. I wil try you
> other suggestion of creating the EAR file with a slightly different format
> as advised. Off the back of this I have two questions:-
>
> 1. Does the fact that I cannot deploy the EAR straight from Eclipse or
> export as EAR from Eclipe and then deploy it successfully mean there is
> some
> sort of Eclipse Geronimo tooling integration issue.

Yes, the current document of geronimo JPA development use the same project
for EJB and JPA.  So there's no classpath problem.  See:
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/developing-container-managed-persistence-with-jpa.html#DevelopingcontainermanagedpersistencewithJPA-Creatingejbapplicationwithentities

If you need to separate JPA project from EJB project(your
EAR demonstrate this case).  You have to make some configuration in WTP to
make the JPA project in classpath of the EJB project.   Following is the
instruction:

1, Right click your EJB project in WTP.
2, Java EE Module Dependencies  ---> select the jpa project as it's
dependent jar. ---> click OK.
3, Export the EAR again, you could notice there's a

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Class-Path: yourJPA.jar

in your EJB.jar/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

In this way, Geronimo could find your JPA jar in classpath and parse the PU
correctly if you have correct

1, Datasource dependency in your geronimo-application.xml or your
openejb-jar.xml.
2, Correct persistence.xml.

> 2. I noticed in the Eclipse screen wheer I added the server dependancy that
> I can also add GBeans, is the adding of GBeans something I need to concern
> myself with .

No, To develop EJB and JPA apps, you don't need to add GBean at all.