geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Difference between server restart and application restart
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2009 13:11:44 GMT

On Jun 26, 2009, at 3:26 AM, David Jencks wrote:

> On Jun 26, 2009, at 12:02 AM, chander_bawa wrote:
>

>> Thanks Djencks,
>> You are right. I tried deploying the ear from command line and
>> faced the
>> same issue.
>> The thing is i am working on upgrading the geronimo server from
>> 2.1.4 and the application is working perfectly in 1.1.1
>> My confusion is why this error came when app is deployed on 2.1.4
>> when it
>> worked perfectly on 1.1.1?
>
> The only reason I can think that this might work on 1.1.1 is that we
> had a bug in the jndi implementation in 1.1.1 that lets the lookup
> succeed.  It should fail on 1.1.1 just as it does on 2.1.4.
>
> If you answer the questions I asked in my previous reply I might be
> able to suggest a way to proceed.  For instance you might be able to
> look the destinations up in the jca:/ global jndi context.

I don't think they're looking for destinations. Instead, it's looking
for a TransactionManager. This same problem was reported back in
April. That user reported that the oracle adapter was looking for
"java:comp/pm/TransactionManager". I wonder if they could be
configured to look for "java:/TransactionManager".

I'm also wondering if throwing a RunTime exception is the appropriate
behavior, in this situation. Why not a NamingException? I confess that
the subtleties of JNDI are frequently lost on me...

--kevan