geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Binaries not getting deleted while un-deploying axis2-1.4.1 war from Geronimo 2.1.4
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2009 12:54:21 GMT

On Jun 26, 2009, at 5:40 AM, Anshuk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to deploy/undeploy axis2 version 1.4.1. You can download
> the the
> distribution from
> http://apache.promopeddler.com/ws/axis2/1_4_1/axis2-1.4.1-war.zip
> and try to deploying the same.
>
> Deploy will not be any issue. While undeploying I am facing the
> mentioned
> issue/problem.
>
> Would really appreciate if you can look into it.

This same problem was reported some time ago. We (Tim) developed a
patch for Axis2 (it's Axis2 that is locking the files, not Geronimo).
See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-4072 -- I would assume
that this fix is included in their recent 1.5 release...

Rather than bundling web services support in your web app, I'd
recommend you use the web services supported provided by Geronimo.

--kevan