geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Edit the config.ser data
Date Sun, 14 Jun 2009 23:34:47 GMT

On Jun 14, 2009, at 3:31 PM, Gonima wrote:

> Hi Community,
> i just want to know, how to edit the config.ser data of a module,
> used by
> the geronimo
> server to deal with its dependencies.
> I want to add the path of a new jar,used in a module,  to this
> config.ser
> data.
> I'm using vim and always get an unusable data after that.
> With the other classic editors, i can't change or add something in
> the data.

The idea behind the config.ser is that you can't edit it.  This may
not be the wisest policy but it is the intent.  Instead, you should
rebuild the plugin from its plan.  I recommend setting up a maven
project using the car-maven-plugin and pom packaging to do this: this
is how all the plugins that comprise geronimo are built.

This is not too easy if you just use one of the console wizards to
construct a module and deploy it because the wizards don't save the
plans, you have to work hard to extract them before you deploy.  I
think its essential that we fix this before 2.2 is released.

thanks
david jencks