geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Russell Collins <Russell.Coll...@mclaneat.com>
Subject RE: Antwort: Re: icefaces and geronimo 2.1.4
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2009 20:58:52 GMT
I do not have a solution but I am very interested in what a solution is.  The thing with IceFaces
is that it is Component library.  Similar to Apache Tomahawk although IceFaces has rich controls
and is Ajax enabled (Both Tomahawk and IceFaces can reside in the same project and on the
same pages).  IceFaces by itself cannot stand alone without a jsf container.  And while some
application servers do not have a JSF container Geronimo comes with MyFaces.  Once again,
I do not know what is causing the error but I have seen the error that you are getting while
deploying to Apache Tomcat 6.  My thought process is that you may need to register all IceFaces
Jar files in Geronimo and reference them in you deployment descriptor or include the jar files
in the lib directory of your war file.  In either scenario, you may also need to include a
reference to MyFaces in your deployment descriptor.

Russell Collins
Sr. Software Engineer
McLane Advanced Technology

"Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda

From: poth@gmfoto.de [mailto:poth@gmfoto.de]
Sent: Monday, June 15, 2009 11:56 AM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Antwort: Re: icefaces and geronimo 2.1.4

Hi David,

I thought there's a allways known issue with icefaces and geronimo.

I'll go and turn the jsf and jsf deployer off, then i retry.

thx for the first tip.

thx Thomas

David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com>

user@geronimo.apache.org

15.06.2009 18:34

Re: icefaces and geronimo 2.1.4

________________________________

I think we'd need a lot more info from you before being able to start
guessing at the problem.

ee servers such as geronimo come with a jsf implementation and using a
different one may not be straightforward.  Without some core
integration work you can be sure that annotations in your jsf beans
wont work.

With this limitation in mind you may be able to get some stuff to work
if you turn off the jsf and jsf deployer plugins before trying to
deploy your app.

thanks
david jencks

On Jun 14, 2009, at 1:57 PM, poth@gmfoto.de wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> today i tried to use icefaces with my geronimo 2.1.4
>
> i run allways in an error:
> 2009-06-14 17:33:24,851 ERROR [[/test]] Servlet /test threw load()
> exception
> java.lang.IllegalStateException : No Factories configured for this
> Application. This happens if the faces-initialization does not work
> at all
> - make sure that you properly include all configuration settings
> necessary
> for a basic faces application and that all the necessary libs are
> included.
> Also check the logging output of your web application and your
> container
> for any exceptions!
> If you did that and find nothing, the mistake might be due to the
> fact that
> you use some special web-containers which do not support registering
> context-listeners via TLD files and a context listener is not setup
> in your
> web.xml.
> A typical config looks like this;
> <listener>
>  <listener-
> class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener</
> listener-class>
>
> </listener>
>
> Has anybody a solution for this issue?
>
> Thx Thomas
>

> GM-Foto GmbH
> Thomas Poth
>
> IT-Manager
> Tel.: 0049-69-238570-0
> Fax: 0049-69-238570-30
> Mail: poth@gmfoto.de
> Web: www.gmfoto.de

GM-Foto GmbH, Taunusstraße 47, D-60329 Frankfurt am Main
Telefon: +49 69 238570-0, Telefax: +49 69 238570-30
Eingetragen beim Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main: HRB 19494
Geschäftsführer: Walter Adler und Harald Remsperger

Öffnungszeiten: Montag - Freitag, 9:00 - 18:30 Uhr

Internet: http://www.gmfoto.de<http://www.gmfoto.de/> , E-Mail: gmfoto@gmfoto.de