geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Intalio and Geronimo 1.1 as a Windows Service
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2009 13:54:52 GMT

On Jun 1, 2009, at 3:33 AM, nx7000 wrote:

> You made me realize I was wrong: the version isn't 1.1 as I claimed,
> it is
> 2.0.1 instead. There is a link in Intalio forums to the instructions
> for
> running v.1.1 as a service, and that misled me. It is  no wonder
> that the
> default wrapper configuration for 1.1 didn't work.
>
> I just tried the default configuration for 2.0
> (http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC20/configuring-geronimo-as-a-windows-service.html
> ),
> but the server doesn't start. I am about to give up with this, as I
> have
> already used days trying it.
>
> The most recent error message is something I have never encountered
> before.
> geronimo.log says the following:
>
> 10:17:19,072 ERROR
> [org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState]
> [WrapperSimpleAppMain] Error while starting; GBean is now in the
> FAILED
> state:
> abstractName="org.apache.geronimo.configs/webconsole-jetty6/2.0.1/
> car?J2EEApplication=org.apache.geronimo.configs/webconsole-
> jetty6/2.0.1/car,j2eeType=JACCManager,name=JACCManager"
> java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
> 	at
> org
> .apache
> .geronimo
> .security
> .jacc
> .ApplicationPolicyConfigurationManager
> .<init>(ApplicationPolicyConfigurationManager.java:109)
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
> Method)
> 	at
> sun
> .reflect
> .NativeConstructorAccessorImpl
> .newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
> 	at
> sun
> .reflect
> .DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl
> .newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
> 	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.security.SubjectId.hashCode(SubjectId.java:79)
> 	at java.util.HashMap.put(HashMap.java:372)
> 	at java.util.Collections$SynchronizedMap.put(Collections.java:1979)

This error will occur if your JRE_HOME or JAVA_HOME setting is
incorrect. It needs to point to a valid JSE/JDK installation.

Pretty sure that one of the following lines from wrapper.conf is not
set correctly (I can't remember which one will cause the error):

wrapper.java.additional.2=-Djava.ext.dirs="<geronimo_home>/lib/
ext;<java_home>/jre/lib/ext"
wrapper.java.additional.3=-Djava.endorsed.dirs="<geronimo_home>/lib/
endorsed;<java_home>/jre/lib/endorsed"

--kevan