geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Difference between server restart and application restart
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2009 07:26:46 GMT

On Jun 26, 2009, at 12:02 AM, chander_bawa wrote:

> Thanks Djencks,
> You are right. I tried deploying the ear from command line and faced
> the
> same issue.
> The thing is i am working on upgrading the geronimo server from
> 2.1.4 and the application is working perfectly in 1.1.1
> My confusion is why this error came when app is deployed on 2.1.4
> when it
> worked perfectly on 1.1.1?

The only reason I can think that this might work on 1.1.1 is that we
had a bug in the jndi implementation in 1.1.1 that lets the lookup
succeed.  It should fail on 1.1.1 just as it does on 2.1.4.

If you answer the questions I asked in my previous reply I might be
able to suggest a way to proceed.  For instance you might be able to
look the destinations up in the jca:/ global jndi context.

thanks
david jencks