geronimo-user mailing list archives

From caof2005 <caof2...@gmail.com>
Subject What are the specifics steps for manual deployment ?
Date Sat, 20 Jun 2009 01:04:13 GMT

Hello folks,

With a newbe questions/request:

Can anybody refer me to any document/link which indicate me which are the
steps to do a manual deployment without using the deployment tool (deploy )
?

I'm using Geronimo 2.1.3 with Tomcat 6

I tried to follow the oldie/classic example of building a dynamic project by
hand (no IDE's, nor deploy tool at all) just using the java, javac and jar
command line tools.

So I tried to manually define the basic directory deployment structure shown
in 4.X, 5.X versions of Tomcat:

webapps
--MyApp_Directory
---WEB-INF
----web.xml
----geronimo-web.xml
----lib
----classes
----com
----example
-------web
----------classA.class
-------model
----------classB.class

But I couldn't find any "tomcat" directory in Geronimo installation
directory which I can define inside that structure.

So the question is .... am I assuming correctly that I can manually define
the deployment structure as I can do it in older versions of Tomcat?
Or do I have to use the deployment tool (deploy) in order to manually deploy
any application ?

Any guidance would be very appreciated.
Regards
Carlos