geronimo-user mailing list archives

From stig larsen <s...@exectiva.no>
Subject Re: Dynamically load jars in running state
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2009 19:48:51 GMT

Hi David,

This application  handles numerous commands, and these are handled in the
application.
But when a customer wants additional functions/commands we need to add these
dynamically without redeploy the application and/or libraries (which are
stored in geronimo repository).
The commands are defined in an interface which all all commands must
address.
These commands correspond to a class with the same name, and thus are easy
to create if they could be found on the classpath.

The question is really if it is possible to add a jar to the geronimo
repository and have a running application use it (place the newly repository
added jar on the applicaton classpath ) ?

I've been looking at gbeans and dependency injection. This could be a
solution.

Your advice would be appreciated.

Best regards,
Stig Even Larsen