geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Juergen Weber <webe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JNDI Name for EJB3
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2009 11:51:46 GMT

OK, I got it to run with <ejb-local-ref> using the sample from
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC20/very-simple-session-ejb-example.html

(which does contain a web.xml)

	<ejb-local-ref>
		<ejb-ref-name>ejb/Secured3</ejb-ref-name>
		<ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
		<local>ejb3.Secured3</local>
	</ejb-local-ref>

context = new InitialContext();
Secured3 secured3 = (Secured3) context.lookup("java:comp/env/ejb/Secured3");

I also needed a sys:dependency from geronimo-web.xml to openejb-jar.xml to
make the remote interface known to the JSP (this is missing in the above
sample).
First I simply included the ejb.jar into WEB-INF/lib, but this results in
ClassCastException on JNDI lookup (I guess because the Remote interface in
JNDI is from a different (the ejb) classloader than the cast target which is
from the web application).

Thanks,
Juergen