geronimo-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From ChrisAdkin <chris1ad...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Cannot deploy requested application
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2009 12:04:18 GMT

also, I have a client module for the bean, this consist of two interfaces:-

package com.jpaFacade.test;
import javax.ejb.Local;

@Local
public interface jpaFacadeLocal {

}

and

package com.jpaFacade.test;
import javax.ejb.Remote;

@Remote
public interface jpaFacadeRemote {
	String doSomething(String param);
}


Chris


ChrisAdkin wrote:
> 
> Shawn,
> 
> This is by bean class, quite simple, and this is the only bean I have in
> the EAR file:-
> 
> package com.jpaFacade.test;
> 
> import javax.ejb.Stateless;
> 
> /**
>  * Session Bean implementation class jpaFacade
>  */
> @Stateless
> public class jpaFacade implements jpaFacadeRemote, jpaFacadeLocal {
> 
>     /**
>      * Default constructor. 
>      */
>     public jpaFacade() {
>         // TODO Auto-generated constructor stub
>     }
>     
>     public String doSomething(String param) {
>     	return "Hello " + param;
>     }
> 
> }
> 
> Then under META-INF I have the old style deployment descriptor:-
> 
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <ejb-jar xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
> xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
> xmlns:ejb="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/ejb-jar_3_0.xsd"
> xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee
> http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/ejb-jar_3_0.xsd" version="3.0">
>   <display-name>jpaFacade </display-name>
>   <ejb-client-jar>jpaFacadeClient.jar</ejb-client-jar>
> </ejb-jar>
> 
> and an openejb-jar.xml file:-
> 
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
> <ejb:openejb-jar
> xmlns:app="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-2.0"
> xmlns:client="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-client-2.0"
> xmlns:conn="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector-1.2"
> xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2"
> xmlns:ejb="http://openejb.apache.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.2"
> xmlns:name="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2"
> xmlns:pers="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence"
> xmlns:pkgen="http://openejb.apache.org/xml/ns/pkgen-2.1"
> xmlns:sec="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-2.0"
> xmlns:web="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-2.0.1">
>     <dep:environment>
>         <dep:moduleId>
>             <dep:groupId>default</dep:groupId>
>             <dep:artifactId>jpaFacade</dep:artifactId>
>             <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
>             <dep:type>car</dep:type>
>         </dep:moduleId>
>     </dep:environment>
> </ejb:openejb-jar>
> 
> Is this enough information ?.
> 
> Regards,
> 
> Chris
> 
> 
> 
> Shawn Jiang wrote:
>> 
>> Can you post more information about your ear ?
>> 1, the structure of you ear
>> 
>> 2, the content of the EJB, deployment descritor.
>> 
>> On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 6:57 PM, ChrisAdkin <chris1adkin@yahoo.co.uk>
>> wrote:
>> 
>>>
>>> I'm getting the following when trying to deploy an EAR file to Geronimo
>>> 2.1,
>>> the EAR project consist of a single stateless bean, this is despite the
>>> fact
>>> I'm using JEE5, have the full version of Geronimo installed and have a
>>> deployment descriptor (which I shouldn't need with JEE5), any ideas ?, I
>>> suspect this is something quite simple I've over looked . . . :-(
>>>
>>> Publishing failed
>>>  Distribution of module failed.  See log for details.
>>>    Cannot deploy the requested application module because no deployer is
>>> able to handle it.  This can happen if you have omitted the J2EE
>>> deployment
>>> descriptor, disabled a deployer module, or if, for example, you are
>>> trying
>>> to deploy an EJB module on a minimal Geronimo server that does not have
>>> EJB
>>> support installed.
>>>
>>> (moduleFile=C:\DOCUME~1\Chris\LOCALS~1\Temp\geronimo-deployer2550559455730305804.tmpdir\jpaTestEAR.zip)
>>>    org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Cannot deploy the
>>> requested application module because no deployer is able to handle it.
>>>  This
>>> can happen if you have omitted the J2EE deployment descriptor, disabled
>>> a
>>> deployer module, or if, for example, you are trying to deploy an EJB
>>> module
>>> on a minimal Geronimo server that does not have EJB support installed.
>>>
>>> (moduleFile=C:\DOCUME~1\Chris\LOCALS~1\Temp\geronimo-deployer2550559455730305804.tmpdir\jpaTestEAR.zip)
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:233)
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:133)
>>>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>>        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>>        at
>>>
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
>>>        at
>>>
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:124)
>>>        at
>>>
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:867)
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:239)
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.KernelGBean.invoke(KernelGBean.java:342)
>>>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>>        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>>        at
>>>
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
>>>        at
>>>
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:124)
>>>        at
>>>
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:867)
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:239)
>>>        at
>>>
>>> org.apache.geronimo.system.jmx.MBeanGBeanBridge.invoke(MBeanGBeanBridge.java:172)
>>>        at
>>> com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>>        at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>>        at
>>> javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doOperation(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>>        at
>>> javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.access$200(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>>        at
>>>
>>> javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl$PrivilegedOperation.run(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>>        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>>>        at
>>> javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doPrivilegedOperation(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>>        at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.invoke(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>>        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor111.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>>        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>>        at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(Unknown Source)
>>>        at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Unknown Source)
>>>        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>>>        at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Unknown Source)
>>>        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>>        at
>>> sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run0(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>>        at
>>> sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>>        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>>        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>>>  Distribution of module failed.  See log for details.
>>>    Cannot deploy the requested application module because no deployer is
>>> able to handle it.  This can happen if you have omitted the J2EE
>>> deployment
>>> descriptor, disabled a deployer module, or if, for example, you are
>>> trying
>>> to deploy an EJB module on a minimal Geronimo server that does not have
>>> EJB
>>> support installed.
>>>
>>> (moduleFile=C:\DOCUME~1\Chris\LOCALS~1\Temp\geronimo-deployer4483431545503736556.tmpdir\jpaTestEAR.zip)
>>>    org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Cannot deploy the
>>> requested application module because no deployer is able to handle it.
>>>  This
>>> can happen if you have omitted the J2EE deployment descriptor, disabled
>>> a
>>> deployer module, or if, for example, you are trying to deploy an EJB
>>> module
>>> on a minimal Geronimo server that does not have EJB support installed.
>>>
>>> (moduleFile=C:\DOCUME~1\Chris\LOCALS~1\Temp\geronimo-deployer4483431545503736556.tmpdir\jpaTestEAR.zip)
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:233)
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:133)
>>>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>>        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>>        at
>>>
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
>>>        at
>>>
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:124)
>>>        at
>>>
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:867)
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:239)
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.KernelGBean.invoke(KernelGBean.java:342)
>>>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>>        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>>        at
>>>
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
>>>        at
>>>
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:124)
>>>        at
>>>
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:867)
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:239)
>>>        at
>>>
>>> org.apache.geronimo.system.jmx.MBeanGBeanBridge.invoke(MBeanGBeanBridge.java:172)
>>>        at
>>> com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>>        at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>>        at
>>> javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doOperation(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>>        at
>>> javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.access$200(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>>        at
>>>
>>> javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl$PrivilegedOperation.run(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>>        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>>>        at
>>> javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doPrivilegedOperation(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>>        at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.invoke(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>>        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor111.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>>        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>>        at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(Unknown Source)
>>>        at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Unknown Source)
>>>        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>>>        at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Unknown Source)
>>>        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>>        at
>>> sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run0(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>>        at
>>> sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>>        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>>        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>>>
>>> --
>>> View this message in context:
>>> http://www.nabble.com/Cannot-deploy-requested-application-tp24051952s134p24051952.html
>>> Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Users mailing list archive at
>>> Nabble.com.
>>>
>>>
>> 
>> 
>> -- 
>> Shawn
>> 
>> 
> 
> 

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Cannot-deploy-requested-application-tp24051952s134p24052909.html
Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


Mime
View raw message