geronimo-user mailing list archives

From ChrisAdkin <chris1ad...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject problems setting up Oracle connection pool
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2009 07:57:50 GMT

I'm trying to create a database connection pool based on the thin driver
which comes with Oracle 11g (ojdbc6.jar). I copy the jar from the Oracle
jdbc/lib directory to the geronimo/repository directory> The app server then
creates an ojdbc6.jar directory under geronimo/default. However, when I go
through the wizard to setup the connection pool, Geronimo states that it is
unable to load the JDBC driver class oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver from this jar.
The wizard claims that I should see the documentation for "your JDBC
driver", I'm miffed as to what is wrong with this as I have used the same
JDBC driver jar with both JBoss and WebSphere without any issues, does
anyone have any ideas as to why this is not working ?. Also, this jar works
fine when I use it create a database connection from within Eclipse.

Does anyone have any ideas ?