geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "viola.lu" <viola...@gmail.com>
Subject log4jResource setting in GBean: ApplicationLog4jConfigurationGBean
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2009 06:03:07 GMT

hi, i follow steps in
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/configuring-application-specific-logging-with-log4j.html,
and add gbean information in geronimo-web.xml using log4jResource.

<dep:gbean
class="org.apache.geronimo.system.logging.log4j.ApplicationLog4jConfigurationGBean"
name="testlogLog4jConfiguration">

    <dep:attribute
name="log4jResource">META-INF/log4j.properties</dep:attribute>

    </dep:gbean>

But "Can't find META-INF/log4j.properties " error always exists. if i use
log4jFile setting like below:

<dep:gbean
class="org.apache.geronimo.system.logging.log4j.ApplicationLog4jConfigurationGBean"
name="testlogLog4jConfiguration">
      <dep:attribute
name="log4jFile">var/log/log4j.properties</dep:attribute>
    <dep:reference
name="ServerInfo"><dep:name>ServerInfo</dep:name></dep:reference>
    <!--<dep:attribute
name="log4jResource">META-INF/log4j.properties</dep:attribute>-->
    </dep:gbean>

it works well.

I looked into ApplicationLog4jConfigurationGBean code:
InputStream in;
        if (log4jFile != null) {
            File file = serverInfo.resolveServer(log4jFile);
            in = new FileInputStream(file);
        } else if (log4jResource != null) {
            in = classloader.getResourceAsStream(log4jResource);
            if (in == null) {
                throw new NullPointerException("No log4j properties resource
found at " + log4jResource);
            }
        } else {
            return;
        }

in = classloader.getResourceAsStream(log4jResource);

ClassLoader will search this file from classpath, and my project structure
is:

LogWeb
    ---src(testlog.java
    ---WebContent
          META-INF(log4j.properties)
          WEB-INF
          index.jsp
    ----

Why it can't find out file META-INF/log4j.properties?

Anyone can figure it out? Thanks.