geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: problems setting up Oracle connection pool
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2009 08:11:54 GMT

On Jun 16, 2009, at 12:57 AM, ChrisAdkin wrote:

Which geronimo version?

> I'm trying to create a database connection pool based on the thin
> driver
> which comes with Oracle 11g (ojdbc6.jar). I copy the jar from the
> Oracle
> jdbc/lib directory to the geronimo/repository directory>

Where exactly?  I recommend installing jars by using the install jar
to repo portlet and supplying reasonable groupId (probably com.oracle)
and artifactId (ojdbc) and version (6) (??)

> The app server then
> creates an ojdbc6.jar directory under geronimo/default. However,
> when I go
> through the wizard to setup the connection pool, Geronimo states
> that it is
> unable to load the JDBC driver class oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver from
> this jar.

Where did this directory come from?   From running through the db pool
wizard?

> The wizard claims that I should see the documentation for "your JDBC
> driver", I'm miffed as to what is wrong with this as I have used the
> same
> JDBC driver jar with both JBoss and WebSphere without any issues, does
> anyone have any ideas as to why this is not working ?. Also, this
> jar works
> fine when I use it create a database connection from within Eclipse.

Can you please show the plan that the wizard came up with?  Most
likely it doesn't include a correct dependency on the oracle jar.

thanks
david jencks