geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Dynamically load jars in running state
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2009 17:40:55 GMT

On Jun 18, 2009, at 12:33 AM, stig larsen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have an application that we wish to extend its capabilities in
> running
> state.
> I want to load jars into geronimo and make them appear in the
> classpath so
> my application can use them without restarting.
>
> Is there a way to to this?

As others have pointed out, anything like this is going to be platform
specific.  Could you describe a bit more what kind of problem you are
trying to solve?  We might be able to suggest a more appropriate
solution than changing the contents of existing classloaders which
always seems to me a risky proposition.

thanks
david jencks