geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: security propagation from JAAS context to EJB question
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2009 16:57:28 GMT

On Jun 18, 2009, at 5:28 AM, Juergen Weber wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I opened a JAAS LoginContext in a JSP (the JSP runs under
> <security-constraint>) and called an EJB using a PrivilegedAction
> with the
> resulting subject. It looks like the subject is not propagated to
> the EJB.
> Also it looks like the currently active web user cannot be gotten by
> JAAS.
> So, it looks like there is a separation between Container authority
> and
> JAAS.
>
> Is that behaviour OK?
>
> (the background of all this is we'd like to use <security-
> constraint> for
> the web app, but the EJB call be with a technical user. Also, the
> EJB call
> is much deeper in the call stack than the authentication of the
> technical
> user, so the call should be in a PrivilegedAction with the subject
> bound).

I don't understand exactly what you are trying to do but maybe you
want to authenicate in a jsp rather than using a built in auth
method?  And then use the resulting Subject in container managed
authorization??

The way to do this is to use one of the ContextManager.login methods
so your Subject gets registered with geronimo, and then tell geronimo
to use your Subject with

ContextManager.setCallers(subject,subject)

or if you want  to imitate "run-as" functionality

Callers oldCallers = ContextManager.pushSubject(subject);
try {
//dostuff
} finally {
   ContextManager.popCallers(oldCallers);
}

(hopefully I remembered the method names and sigs rightly)

hope this helps

david jencks