Hi Frank, sorry for the confusing, it can not be added to the application.xml, but should be added to the web.xml / ejb-jar.xml...

here is an example in attachment.

HTH

rex.

2009/5/4 fmeili <frank.meilinger@gmx.de>

Rex Wang-2 wrote:

> hi frank
>
> This should be add to the application.xml(not geronimo-application.xml),
> coz
> it is NOT Geronimo specific. It is the JEE specific.
> <resource-ref>
>    <res-ref-name>jdbc/__mes</res-ref-name>
>    <res-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-type>
>    <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
>    <res-sharing-scope>Shareable</res-sharing-scope>
> </resource-ref>
>
> HTH
>
> Rex

Hi Rex,

thanks for the answer. But when I add this to the "application.xml" I get an
error, that this element is not allowed here. After looking to the
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/application_5.xsd I couldn't find any hint
about the <resource-ref> tag inside the application.xml.

I couldn't find any hint about the <resource-ref> inside an application.xml
even not in the JaveEE5 specification.

Have you tried this?

Thanks,
 Frank