Tomcat native clustering and WADI are two different approaches.

To try out Tomcat native clustering, for example, please refer to this doc [1]. It clearly points
out that you need to set the "jvmRoute" parameter (note ID) in the config.xml.

Good luck!

-Jack

[1] http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/tomcat-native-clustering.html