geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re:
Date Fri, 08 May 2009 22:07:51 GMT

On May 8, 2009, at 3:04 AM, shanmu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using Geronimo 2.1.3 for building an application. Woudl like to
> know if Geronimo 2.1.3 JAX-WS engine supports WS-AT specification
> for web services. If not is there any option wherein i can handle my
> webservices call in a single transaction.
>
> This is my application design.
>
> JSP--> Facade--> DAO(Hibernate)
>
> For some transactions we need to call third party systems which are
> implemented as webservices.
>
> So my transaction would look like this
>
> JSP--> Facade --> invokes one or more web services & invokes the DAO
> for local data base updation.
>
> So if the DAO updation fails we need to roll back the webservices
> transaction. I cam across WS-AT which can be used for handling
> transactions across web services invocation. Would like to know teh
> feasibility of it in Geronimo 2.1.3 JAX-WS.

if that's the ws transaction spec, I don't think we support it.  My
impression is that web services are usually used for integration
scenarios where response time is not a major factor and long reply
latencies are expected.  This is not usually something you want to
hold a transaction open for.  I would investigate (transactional) jms
to allow your local transactions to complete quickly and allow the web
service processing to proceed at leisure.

thanks
david jencks