geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JMS MBean in geronimo
Date Wed, 06 May 2009 07:32:48 GMT

On May 6, 2009, at 12:09 AM, Xasima Xirohata wrote:

> Hi. What is the simplest way to develop and expose mbeans (gbean) to
> monitor a particular EJB 3.0 Bean.
>
> Could we, for example, perform this in a manner (*)  that use
> @Management, @Depends annotations. (*)
> http://mastertheboss.com/en/jboss-server/44-jboss-mbeans-pojo.html?tmpl=component&print=1&page=

It's possible you misunderstood this article. This article does not
explain anything about any relationship between mbeans and ejbs.
Rather it shows the proprietary jboss annotations that can be used to
generate the mbean descriptor from java code.  The annotations are
vaguely similar to some javaee 5 annotations but don't actually relate
jmx and javaee.

In geronimo trunk we have annotations for gbeans that perform a
similar function.  There's some documentation here:

http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/gbean-annotations.html

While gbeans were developed to be a more DI framework-friendly
component model than mbeans, every gbean is exposed as an mbean as well.

> Actually it is seems that we have no wiki article in geronimo -2.2 on
> the developing and exposing MBeans (Gbean) with EJB 3.0 assistance.
> Although the same example (as by link above) could be realized by
> @Resource injection of the target EJB to gbean + placing dependency in
> EJB to transfer their lifecycle methods to target GBean. Would someone
> hint how to perform this in most elegant way?

I don't really have any idea what you are trying to accomplish here
and as noted above AFAICT the article you cite doesn't describe
anything like this in jboss.  Is there a specific functionality you
are looking for?

If you want to avoid session bean pooling perhaps the ejb 3.1
singleton ejbs would be useful?

thanks
david jencks