geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Russell Collins <Russell.Coll...@mclaneat.com>
Subject Date Problem
Date Wed, 20 May 2009 04:58:37 GMT
Hello, I am new to OpenJPA and the entire persistence objects so bear with me a little.  First
of all, I am using Apache Geronimo which has OpenJPA version1.2.1 and I am moving from Hibernate
(which is a pain to try to work in Geronimo).  Everything works fine except for Dates and
Times.  I have an Embedded class that starts off like this:

@Embeddable
public class EntityChange implements Serializable {

      @Column(name = "changedate" )
      @Temporal(DATE)
      private Date changeDate;

      @Column(name = "changetime")
      @Temporal(TIME)
      private Time changeTime;

      @Column(name = "changeuser")
      private String changeUser;

When I try to grab an object with these embedded values I get the error:

java.lang.AssertionError: javax.ejb.EJBException: Unknown Container Exception: java.rmi.RemoteException:
Cannot read the response from the server.  The class for an object being returned is not located
in this system:; nested exception is:
            java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.openjpa.util.java$sql$Date$proxy

I have tried multiple ways with adding and removing @Temporal etc.  Oh one more thing, this
is a MySQL database that I am trying to access.  Please give me any help you can.  Thanks.

Russell Collins