geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Gianny Damour <gianny.dam...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: Enabling Session Affinity in G2.1.4 (using Tomcat w/ WADI)
Date Thu, 14 May 2009 14:41:00 GMT
Hi,

There are various way to fulfill session stickiness. I have been
conducting all my integration tests with HAProxy, http://haproxy.
1wt.eu/, which does not require downstream load-balanced servers to
do any manipulations to session cookies.

I created an improvement ticket, https://issues.apache.org/jira/
browse/GERONIMO-4626, to capture the need to augment returned session
cookies with jvmRoute information so that mod_jk can be used. I also
checked in against trunk some code to address this problem. I have
not yet integration tested this code change with mod_jk; However, I
am quite confident with the change.

I intend to do some integration tests over the week-end to confirm
the proper resolution of this problem. Meanwhile, if you want, you
can check-out this module:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/trunk/plugins/tomcat/
geronimo-tomcat6-clustering-wadi

build it with maven and install the resulting artifact into your
repository to give it a try.

FWIW, if you can swap your reverse-proxy or load-balancing layer
currently realised by Apache mod_jk, then I would recommend HAProxy.

Thanks,
Gianny