geronimo-user mailing list archives

From munguia <diego.mung...@rbxglobal.com>
Subject Re: client managed distributed transactions
Date Fri, 29 May 2009 20:56:13 GMT

Hi David,

thanks again for your reply, I've been trying other approaches to this
problem lately, the current one is using Spring's JMS remoting with
ActiveMQ, Jencks and Geronimo. The JMS services are working fine (as I
tested them without any transactional configuration), and I believe the
server-side transactional conf might be ok as when I start the server
process I can see the queue created in the activemq console and process' log
displays:

May 29, 2009 2:20:23 PM
org.springframework.transaction.jta.JtaTransactionManager
checkUserTransactionAndTransactionManager
INFO: Using JTA UserTransaction:
org.apache.geronimo.transaction.context.GeronimoTransactionManager@56c69c
May 29, 2009 2:20:23 PM
org.springframework.transaction.jta.JtaTransactionManager
checkUserTransactionAndTransactionManager
INFO: Using JTA TransactionManager:
org.apache.geronimo.transaction.context.GeronimoTransactionManager@56c69c

The problem is that the client halts when it executes the remote call (the
process doesn't end or break, just sits there waiting) [this call works
correctly with no transactional configuration].

I'm attaching both server and client spring configuration files.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p23786932/sample-jms.spring.xml
sample-jms.spring.xml
http://www.nabble.com/file/p23786932/sample-jms-client.spring.xml
sample-jms-client.spring.xml

I'm not particularly happy with the client conf as I just copied the server
conf and trimmed down the beans I thought weren't needed there, could you
please let me know if you see any problems with any of the conf files?

Thanks!
Diego