geronimo-user mailing list archives

From nx7000 <petri.kanni...@tut.fi>
Subject Intalio and Geronimo 1.1 as a Windows Service
Date Fri, 29 May 2009 11:05:15 GMT

Hello all,

I am attempting to run Intalio Server (which runs on Geronimo 1.1) as a
Windows (XP) Service. Intalio has support for that, but the support is not
available for the edition I am using.

I discovered good instructions about how to make Geronimo run as an OS
service under Win:
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC11/configuring-geronimo-as-a-windows-service.html
However, the differences between pure Geronimo and Intalio are so big that
it requires quite a lot more configuration to the Java Service Wrapper to
make it work.

Anyway, Geronimo's error messages about exceptions have taken me forward
quite well this far. I have been able to discover which paths I should
include into the configuration file of the wrapper. I have managed to make
the service run - however, Geronimo never finishes its startup.

I am in a total deadlock now. Geronimo gives show the following error
message in its log:

12:20:59,806 ERROR
[org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.LocalAttributeManager]
[WrapperStartStopAppMain] Unable to read saved manageable attributes. SAX
parse error: cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'attributes'.
at line 2, column 403 in entity
file:///C:/Asennukset/intalio-bpms-5.2.1.021/var/config/config.xml
12:21:11,821 ERROR [org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState]
[WrapperStartStopAppMain] Error while starting; GBean is now in the FAILED
state:
abstractName="org.apache.geronimo.configs/connector-deployer/2.0.1/car?configurationName=org.apache.geronimo.configs/connector-deployer/2.0.1/car"
org.apache.geronimo.common.propertyeditor.PropertyEditorException:
org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: error: The document is not a
environment@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2: document
element namespace mismatch expected
"http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2" got ""
	at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.service.EnvironmentBuilder.setAsText(EnvironmentBuilder.java:277)

I even know what causes it. It occurs because, in \var\config\config.xml,
there is a tag <attributes> instead of <attributes
xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/attributes-1.1">. However, the tag
is alright before starting up the server. I know that config.xml is written
automatically by Geronimo. So, I believe that there is some kind of
namespace variable in Geronimo that it should write in that file. It seems
that the Geronimo doesn't know it and leaves it blank instead.

I think that the problem could be fixed if I only knew the name of the
namespace variable. Then I could set that variable beforehand in the
configuration file of the wrapper, as I have done to some variables before.

What do you think? If I am right, which variable should I set to set the
namespace correct?

Thanks,
Petri Kannisto

(I will begin my weekend shortly, so it will take some days if you ask for
further information).