geronimo-user mailing list archives

From rbaumhof <ralf.baum...@web.de>
Subject Configure Oracle XA Datasource with Oracle XE (10g Express) in console dialog
Date Mon, 25 May 2009 13:55:09 GMT

Hallo, we have got the following problem.

Our application is nearly ready developed with a PostgreSQL Database server.
All works fine. Now the customer want's to migrate to Oracle database
server. We use EJB 5 standards with managed datasources. Now we have
problems to configure a XA datasource in geronimo. Access with oracle local
or oracle thin seemed to work partly, but no commits have been made. This
problem was earlier reported from other people in the forum (search for
oracle XA). Does anybody know how to configure an oracle datasource with
geronimo console dialog?

Our settings are:
user / password:   don't matter but ok
Service Name:      xe
Port Number:        1521
Data Source name: (??)
Network Protocol:  tcp (??)
Database Name:   (??)
Driver Type:         thin (??)
Servername:        127.0.0.1 (server run's on localhost)

What could be good values for Data Source Name, Network Protocol, Database
Name and Driver Type.

The error i get on configuring an Security Realm is:
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: E/A-Exception: Connect identifier is empty
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(Databa
:111)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(Databa
:145)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(Databa
:254)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.<init>(PhysicalConn
413)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.<init>(T4CConnection.jav
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CDriverExtension.getConnection(T4CDr
n.java:34)

By the way:
Some years ago i wrote a little java query manager console. With this
program i can connect to the XE server and the program uses the original
jdbc driver from oracle corporation. This driver i have also used for
connection from geronimo. In this little program i followed the instructions
from oracle and wrote my jdbc url as "oracle:thin". That's the reason why i
tried "thin" as driver type. So because this simple java program can
establish a connect this should be basically possible - even for geronimo.

much thanks in advance,
Ralf