geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Anshuk <Anshuk.PalChaudh...@cognizant.com>
Subject Re: geronimo 1.1.1 jms resource
Date Fri, 15 May 2009 06:17:10 GMT

Thanks David.
It is now working. I added the jndi.properties in the classpath and also
tweaked the code a bit.

 jndi.properties

java.naming.factory.initial =
org.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory
java.naming.provider.url = tcp://localhost:61616
connectionFactoryNames = TestQueueConnectionFactory
queue.sampleQueue = sampleQueue

code:

Properties props = new Properties();
			fis = new java.io.FileInputStream((new
java.io.File("config/jndi.properties")));
		    props.load(fis);
		    Context ctxt = new InitialContext(props);
			QueueConnectionFactory factory = (QueueConnectionFactory)
ctxt.lookup("TestQueueConnectionFactory");

			Queue queue = (Queue)ctxt.lookup(props.getProperty("queue.sampleQueue"));

It clearly mentions in the link..

Once you have the jndi.properties edited and ready, it needs to be
accessible to your application. The easiest way is to add jndi.properties to
a jar file. When "new InitialContext()" is called, it will scan the
resources and find the file. If you get "javax.naming.NamingException", it
usually means the jndi.properties file is not accessible.

Thanks.

Reagards,
Anshuk Pal Chaudhuri