geronimo-user mailing list archives

From tasha <twa...@gmail.com>
Subject java.net.BindException when no internet connection
Date Fri, 08 May 2009 19:37:42 GMT

Hi,
I'm trying to run Geronimo.  When my machine is connected to the internet,
the server starts no problem.  When I disconnect the internet and try to run
on localhost, the sever fails to start with the following
java.net.BindException - Cannot assign requested address.  How can I run
Geronimo with my machine offline?  Thanks!

Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException:
Configuration org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat6/2.1.1/car failed to start
due to the following reasons:
  The service
ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat6/2.1.1/car,j2eeType=GBean,name=TomcatWebConnector
did not start because service.getName(): "null";  Protocol handler start
failed: java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address:
JVM_Bind:8080