geronimo-user mailing list archives

From fmeili <frank.meilin...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: "Could not auto-map to resource" problem when using EJB annotations only
Date Tue, 05 May 2009 07:42:19 GMT

Rex Wang-2 wrote:

> Hi Frank, sorry for the confusing, it can not be added to the
> application.xml, but should be added to the web.xml / ejb-jar.xml...
>
> here is an example in attachment.
>
> HTH
>
> rex.

Hi Rex,

thanks for your answer. But this, I think, is the problem. My EAR consits
out of 40 EJB's and 25 WAR's and all are using the @Resource injection for
the database. Til now I don't have descriptors for the EJB's (no
"ejb-jar.xml") - I thought they are no longer neccessary in JEE5. And the
deployment descriptors of the WAR's ("web.xml") only contains the
servlet-mappings. (This EAR file can successfully deployed in JBoss and in
GlassFish without modifications.)

To be able to deploy this in Geronimo do I really need to add 40 new
"openejb-jar.xml", 40 new "ejb-jar.xml" and 25 new "geronimo-web.xml" files
- and also change 25 "web.xml" files to place the <resource-ref> tag? Is
there no way to just use injection without specifying it in all descriptors?
Maybe there is a way to define a jdbc resource globally in Geronimo to use
in with injection?

Thanks,
 Frank