>From my view, aar is not a standard J2EE archive type. and it is supported by G.
I remember there is a thread about making aar supported in G in the past, but it seems no subsequent action is done.
Maybe you could first try to deploy the Axis2 admin console, then place the aar to the corresponding folder accroding to the manual of Axis2
BTW, it is better to set  JAVA_OPTS="-Dorg.apache.geronimo.jaxws.builder.useSimpleFinder=true" while starting the server, or it may be much errors while deploying the Axis2 Console App.
Ivan