geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Fredrik Jonson <fred...@myrealbox.com>
Subject Re: Change the MDB instance limit
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2009 06:02:40 GMT
Ivan wrote:

>  See, I thought OpenEJB always delegates the MDB management to ActiveMQ.

True and False; it depends on how you define MDB management. ;)

It's a close relationship between the resource adapter and the EJB container.
On the "application side" of the container openejb is responsible for MDB
instantiation, resource injection and other lifecycle tasks. ActiveMQ works
on the resource adapter side, so it can request new endpoint instances (MDB)
from a factory (openejb), but it does not controll the factory itself.

>  I remeber if I set the maxsessions with 1, and throught the EJB console
>  in 2.2, I will see the MDB instance number will be 1.

Correct, that works as expected. Withouth changing openejb's InstanceLimit
you can tell activemq to use any number of sessions between 0 and 10.

--
Fredrik Jonson