geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Fredrik Jonson <fred...@myrealbox.com>
Subject Re: Change the MDB instance limit
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2009 15:18:34 GMT
Hi again,

Here's some additional info. First, the InstanceLimit configuration change
I mentioned in the original mail was to change config.xml and replace:

  <module name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-server/2.1.4/car"/>

With:

  <module name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-server/2.1.4/car">
    <gbean name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-server/2.1.4/car?
      ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-server/2.1.4/car,
        j2eeType=GBean,name=CustomPropertiesGBean"
      gbeanInfo="org.apache.geronimo.system.properties.SystemProperties">
      <attribute name="systemProperties">
        Default\ MDB\ Container.InstanceLimit=50</attribute>
    </gbean>
  </module>

As mentioned the above does nothing. After changing config.xml I still
get the "Only 10 instances..." exception.

Secondly, I have worked out a b*tt ugly brute force hack that actually solves
the problem. Nothing for the faint of heart, but here we go:

 1. Dive into $GERONIMO_HOME/repository/org/apache/openejb/openejb-core/3.0.1

 2. Unpack the file below from openejb-core-3.0.1.jar (unzip...)
     META-INF/org.apache.openejb.embedded/service-jar.xml

 3. Edit it and change InstanceLimit from 10 to 0 (unlimited). The parameter
    is only specified in one place so it is easy to find.

 4. Update the openejb-core-3.0.1.jar (zip -u ...) replacing the original
    service.xml files with the edited one.

 5. Restart G.

Obviously I really hope someone can help and put the above hack out of it's
misery and guide me back on the path of proper G configuration. Thanks!

--
Fredrik Jonson