geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Fredrik Jonson <fred...@myrealbox.com>
Subject Change the MDB instance limit (UnavailableException: Only 10 instances can be created)
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2009 12:40:44 GMT
Hi,

I've implemented a custom inbound resource adapter (connector), and I've run
into a little snag in G 2.1.4: I can only instantiate 10 instances of the
MessageEndpoint, beyond that I get the following stacktrace in my resource
adapter:

javax.resource.spi.UnavailableException: Only 10 instances can be created
   at org.apache.openejb.core.mdb.
        MdbInstanceFactory.createInstance(MdbInstanceFactory.java:108)
   at o.a.o.core.mdb.EndpointHandler.<init>(EndpointHandler.java:79)
   at o.a.o.core.mdb.EndpointFactory.createEndpoint(EndpointFactory.java:64)
   at org.example.connector.ExampleWorker.useEndpoint(ExampleWorker.java:59)

I found a few mail threads about the instanceLimit, but sofar I've failed to
figure out what to change.

Issue 3783[0] refers to a "Default\ MDB\ Container.InstanceLimit" that can
be overridden in the server wide config.xml, but as far as I've tried that
does not work in 2.1.4. Besides, it seems a little brutal to change it
globally, should that not preferably be controlled per resource adapter in
the geronimo-application.xml (or by MDB annotations)

As always, I'm greatful for any helping hints.

[0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3783

cheers,
--
Fredrik Jonson