geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: G trunk and maven dependencies question
Date Fri, 10 Apr 2009 16:18:57 GMT
For some reason I'm not seeing this locally, perhaps due to the local
changes in my build.  I took a heavy-handed approach of just deleting
the timestamped artifacts from the snapshot repo.  Please let us know
if this does not fix the problem.

thanks
david jencks

On Apr 10, 2009, at 4:11 AM, Peter Petersson wrote:

> [...]
> gernonimo/server/trunk but It would be nice to find out whats going
> on and maybe fix the problem as it would be good to be able to do
> plugin/assembly development/builds without also having to check out
> and build the server.
> regards
>   peter petersson
>
> David Jencks skrev:
>> Where exactly do you see the file with the dated version?  I've
>> looked around in my build and don't see anything obvious.
>> BTW this problem sounds familiar but I don't remember yet when I
>> ran into it...
>>
>> thanks
>> david jencks
>> On Apr 9, 2009, at 4:36 PM, Peter Petersson wrote:
>>
>>> I am building some geronimo plugins "against" G v2.2 (trunk) and I
>>> am getting a strange unresolved maven dependency issue against a
>>> dated version of the   geronimo-jaspi_1.0_spec (see below) when I
>>> build from a clean .m2 repository.
>>>
>>> AFAICT the geronimo-jaspi_1.0_spec version should be 1.0-SNAPSHOT
>>> (as declared in geronimo server root pom). I have "Geronimo Server
>>> Private Repository" and "Apache Snapshots Repository" as
>>> repository settings in my project (should be enough to build
>>> gplugins?) but only when I first build Geronimo server trunk will
>>> my derby plugin build without error.
>>> Looking at the generated dependency versions for geronimo-
>>> jaspi_1.0_spec in my built geronimo server trunk I also see a
>>> dated version (1.0-20080804.213256-1) of the spec in
>>> dependecies.xml and not as I would expect the 1.0-SNAPSHOT version.
>>>
>>> Do I have some misconfiguration or is this a (by me) unforeseen
>>> maven snapshot behavior?
>>> regards
>>> peter petersson
>>>
>>> [INFO] [car:verify-no-dependency-change]
>>> Downloading: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/trunk/repository/org/tranql/tranql-connector-derby-embed-local/1.4/tranql-connector-derby-embed-local-1.4.rar
>>> Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/tranql/tranql-connector-derby-embed-local/1.4/tranql-connector-derby-embed-local-1.4.rar
>>> 86K downloaded
>>> [INFO] [car:package]
>>> [INFO] Packaging module configuration: /usr/local/proj/geronimo-
>>> liferay/plugins/connectors/liferay-database-derby/target/resources/
>>> META-INF/plan.xml
>>> [INFO]  GBean references are not using proxies
>>> [INFO]  ClassLoading behaviour has changed.  The Original
>>> Classloading mode is in effect.  If you are experiencing a problem
>>> you can change the behaviour by specifying -
>>> DXorg.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.MPCLSearchOption= property.
>>> Specify
>>> ="safe" to revert to the original behaviour.  This is a temporary
>>> change until we decide whether or not to make it
>>> permanent for the 2.0 release
>>> [ERROR] Error while starting; GBean is now in the FAILED state:
>>> abstractName="org.apache.geronimo.framework/jee-specs/2.2-SNAPSHOT/
>>> car?configurationName=org.apache.geronimo.framework/jee-specs/2.2-
>>> SNAPSHOT/car"