geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to get client IP address called EJB method
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 17:56:03 GMT

On Apr 28, 2009, at 10:06 AM, alex_r wrote:

> No, it is not servlet. Method called by standalone GUI client. Some
> hourse
> ago i has add to org.apache.openejb.ejbd.EJBServer some code that
> store
> client IP and port in CallContext. I think it is bad solution, but i
> have
> not another.

As far as I know that is the only solution currently unless you want
to do something like convert all the calls to web service calls in
which case the http request might be available.  I doubt the extra xml
processing would be worth it.

There might be a more pluggable solution available sometime in the
future if we implement an ejb jaspi profile.  However, there is no
spec for this and jaspi will be not be available until geronimo 2.2
and we have no plans to implement a proprietary ejb jaspi profile at
this time.  Meanwhile your code is probably the best way.  If you can
supply it as a patch under the apache license in a jira issue we could
look at it and consider including it in geronimo or openejb.

thanks
david jencks