geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Russell Collins <Russell.Coll...@mclaneat.com>
Subject RE: Deployment Question
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2009 18:09:35 GMT
Couple of questions that I have with the install-library command:

*         It shows the option for GroupId.  Is there options for Artifact ID and Version?

*         The way that it installs the jar file, it seems as if the jar file is in the format
of <name>-<version>.jar it will install it in the Group/Artifact/Version format
in the directory.  Is this assumption correct?  Is this type of format the standard way of
naming .jar assemblies?

*         With the deploy command, is there a way to specify how a .jar file is to be deployed
using an xml descriptor?  If so, what is the format of the xml?

Thank you for any help you can give me.

From: Kevan Miller [mailto:kevan.miller@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 09, 2009 10:46 AM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Deployment Question

On Apr 9, 2009, at 10:06 AM, Russell Collins wrote:

I was wondering if someone would point tell me how to manually deploy a .jar file or point
me to a link that has the instructions.  I can successfully deploy a regular jar file using
the console without any problem.  I was wondering how to perform that same operation using
and .xml file and the deploy command.  Also, I am not referring to an ear or ejb.jar archive.
 It would be a utility archive with classes that can be used by all of the applications on
the server.  Any help that you can provide to me would be great.  Thanks.

How about http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/tools-and-commands.html#Toolsandcommands-Installlibrary

--kevan